We are very excited to roll out our Volunteering Initiative – Many Hands Make an Impact!
We received a tremendous amount of positive feedback regarding the afternoon that we spent packing meal and activity kits for the local Ronald McDonald House in Fairfax, VA a year ago and there was a strong desire to continue with similar events. It is with this in mind that we kick off 2019 with a goal to make an impact in local communities through volunteerism and bring this into 2020.
The goal of the new program is to get everyone involved. We encourage you all to identify and lead a volunteering initiative and ask that everyone participate in at least one annually.
Capital Edge is kicking off 2019 with a goal to make an impact in local communities through volunteerism and bringing the initiative into 2020.
Whether it is local to home or near a client location, our consultants will combine their individual and collective interests to identify opportunities to provide a helping hand.
• Everyone will be encouraged to identify and lead a volunteering initiative
• 100% employee participation in a minimum of 1 opportunity annually
• Monthly social media spotlight of activity
• Encourage team building among employees and relationship building with clients and friends of the firm
• Activity selected and timing to be coordinated and approved by Project Manager, Person Manager, and Jennifer, as applicable
• All costs associated need to be approved in advance, with the goal being service rather than a donation of dollars
• Encourage clients and friends of the firm to participate
• Document the experience with pictures and a written summary of the organization supported and experience for social media spotlight
• A reasonable number of business hours can be used in addition to non-business hours (specific guidelines on this TBD)
• Hours can be tracked using a new charge code in Unanet
OUR TEAM’S EVENTS:
Loudoun Hunger Relief – January 2019
NEMA Food Pantry – February 2019
Soldiers’ Angels – Baby Brigade – May 2019
Packages for Deployed Soldiers – June 2019
Visit to Jacobs House Orphanage in Korea – July 2019
Back-to-School Drive – August 2019
Treats for Troops/Soldiers’ Angels – October 2019
Ronald McDonald House – November 2019
Toys for Tots – Volunteer Initiative – December 2019