Professional Services Schedule IMPORTANT UPDATE: GSA to Launch Transactional Data Reporting (TDR) Pilot with Refreshed Solicitations and Mass Modifications for Professional Engineering Services.
Craig Stetson, Director, Capital Edge Consulting
The GSA posted guidance (https://interact.gsa.gov/document/important-update-gsa-launch-transactional-data-reporting-tdr-pilot-refreshed-solicitations) related to their final rule issued in June 2016. The newly posted guidance, with three attachments included, addresses frequently asked questions and various facts pertinent to the final rule.
As a quick background, the new pilot Transactional Data Reporting rule will, among other things, eliminate the long-standing Price Reduction clause and CSP-1 reporting requirement. As a trade off, contractors are now required under the new final rule to report to the government monthly transactional data related to their GSA sales data.
Current GSA Schedule holders may want to review now system reporting capabilities to ready themselves for the additional and upcoming reporting requirements. Roll-out of the pilot program is planned to begin in August 2016.
Among the highlights of the posted guidance:
- Schedules and SINs Affected during the Roll-Out (in order) – 581, 72, 03FAC, 51V, 75, 73,70 and 00CORP
- Type of Data Reported – contract or BPA number, delivery/task order number/Procurement Instrument Identifier (PIID), non-federal entity, description of deliverable, manufacturer name, manufacturer part number, unit of measure (each, hour, case, lot), quantity of item sold, universal product code, price paid per unit, total price and special item number (SIN)
- Timing of Accepting Modifications – encouraged within 90 days (although does not appear to be a requirement)
- Timing of Reporting Data – first business day of the next quarter subsequent to acceptance of the mod
- IFF Payments – submitted monthly and only electronically (electronic check, debit or credit card)
- Training Available – web-based from GSA (FAS Sales Reporting Portal)
Want to receive regular feeds of our blogs, offer topic suggestions and get regular updates? Follow us on social links.
To Learn more contact us:
T: 855-CAPEDGE (855-227-3343) I firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT US ON LINKEDIN